SAT anodizing lines are renown for their automatization and high control of the process.
The main advantages of an automated plant are:
- Firstly, an automatic plant guarantees a better repeatability of the processing phases, and, consequently, a much higher productive and qualitative standard than an analogous plant, manually managed.
- Due to the constant dripping times and the scheduled slope angle of the charges during the immersion and emersion and in the movement from one tank to another, there is a considerable reduction of stages contamination and, consequently, a remarkable reduction of mud production in the waste water treatment plant.
- Remarkable reductions in labour costs for the managing of the plant, because just one operator is required in the anodizing line for the supervision of the computerized equipment and for the final visual check of the colour after every electro-colouring treatment.
- Constant repeatability of the oxide thickness and colours required, achieved by using microprocessor presetters connected to the automation system.
- Constant and automatic optimization of the dosages of the chemical products, especially for what concerns the reinstatement of sulphuric acid inside the oxide tanks, of the tin sulphate for the electrocolouring tanks and of the composite products for the sealing tanks.
- Constant monitoring and thermoregulation of the temperatures of the various process tanks.
- Moreover, several other functions such as the switching on/off of rectifiers and transformers, the opening and closing of electrical contacts of anodic bars, the handling of transfer carriages, etc., are automated.
SAT fully automatic anodizing lines can be switched all the time to manuale or semi-automatic operating mode.
This means that the bridge cranes can be handled manually or semi-automatically by means of push-button panel located on board of each bridge crane. The performance of manual movements does not involve any loss of data, in fact the supervisory PC records every movement performed also in manual mode in order to display the updated plant state.